One aspherical element is incorporated into the optical design to help minimize chromatic aberrations while also contributing to high image sharpness and clarity. A seven-blade rounded diaphragm helps to render a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques, which is further benefitted by the bright f/1.8 maximum aperture.
- Normal-perspective prime lens is ideal for everyday shooting situations.
- Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low-light conditions and for selective focus and shallow depth of field applications.
- The SWM autofocus motor is fast, accurate, smooth, and near-silent to support working with both still imagery and movie recording. It also enables a seamless transition to manual focusing control for refined precision.
- Easy-to-grip knurling and hatching on the manual focus ring contributes to more efficient handling when working in the manual focus mode.
- One aspherical element contributes to high image sharpness while also minimizing chromatic aberrations and distortions.
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality that is well-suited to shallow depth of field imagery.
- Compatible with both FX and DX-format DSLRS; when used with a DX-sized sensor, the apparent field of view will be equivalent to that of a 75mm lens.